Flowers of Thyme Drink Recipe-Last Revised 11-18-15
[Try to make it with all organic ingredients]
You will need: one ginger root, 21 grams of each (one plastic container in the organic herb section of your local store): rosemary, thyme, and basil, container of raw honey, cinnamon stick, vanilla extract, filtered water, mixing bowl, pitcher, black tea-optional
Slice ginger root, while stripping away outer layer, set in mixing bowl. Boil 1 ½ cups water. Reduce to low, and place one cinnamon stick in water. Cover, and stir occasionally. You can let it simmer while you’re peeling the thyme and basil. Use both containers worth of thyme and basil, and ½ of the container of Rosemary. Add 2 tablespoons of raw honey, 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and pour cinnamon water (minus the stick) over the ingredients in the bowl. Dilute with a splash of filtered water. Slowly stir. Add the mix to a pitcher, fill just over half way with filtered water, stir, and strain to serve. If you prefer, you can dilute it with more water, or steep black tea to incorporate.
Nutritional value of Flowers of Thyme *:
▪ Cinnamon helps with metabolism and focus
▪ Thyme aids in circulation and immune support
▪ Basil assists the digestive tract and treats skin problems
▪ Rosemary is beneficial for alleviating joint pain, and improves the body’s ability to absorb nutrients
▪ Raw honey (not pasteurized-which is similar to eating refined sugar) is a strong anti-oxidant agent, and reduces the effects of allergens
▪ Vanilla extract holds cancer-fighting properties, as well as relieves anxiety
▪ Ginger promotes reproductive health, and has powerful anti-inflammatory capabilities that calm headaches and heartburn
▪ Black tea reduces cardiovascular issues, and neurological deficiencies
I hope it helps you.